No matter the problem, the struggle, the trial, the sin.
The Bible gives us a clear solution to it all.
1. THE CROSS IS THE ONLY ANSWER. Col 2:14-15; Gal 6:14
2. TO OBTAIN/KEEP VICTORY YOU MUST RELY ON CHRIST AND THE CROSS.
The Cross must always be the Object of your faith. Rom 4-5
To rely upon God is to keep your faith in Jesus and the Cross.
3. YOU MUST ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT TO WORK.
Rom 8:1-2 –
You must allow Him to have His way.
Proper faith will always produce proper works!
4. IF YOU FAIL/WHEN YOU FAIL GO BACK TO JESUS.
Sooner or later Victory shall come. Just keep believing!
v.1-2 We see the Problem is sin. Saved or unsaved the problem is the same.
v.3-5 We are given the Solution to the sin problem,- THE CROSS.
1 Peter 1:18-20.
Romans 6 teaches us the Answer for our dilemma is to be In Christ! We are In Christ by way of His death, burial, and resurrection. John 15:1-5
Understand SINNERS NEED A SAVIOUR.
1. The only way to God is through Jesus Jn 14:6
2. The only way to Jesus is through the Cross. Rom 6:3-5
3. The only way to the Cross is through a denial of self.
[effort,will power,good deeds…] Lk 9:23-24
The Doctrine of the Cross: teaches us that Resurrection Life/Victory are possible ONLY as we understand – THE TRUTH OF THE CROSS! Rom 6:5
We must understand that Life/Victory for the Sinner/Saint is brought about through death.Rom 6:8
RESURRECTION FOLLOWS CRUCIFICTION
This is the Gospel Truth: When our faith is properly placed in Christ/Cross, then the Holy Ghost goes to work Quickening us, making us alive, and through His power we can live for God as we ought to. Rom 8:1-4
Please believe me, Everything comes through the Cross!
We can never make too much of the Cross. NO, we must make much of the Cross! For it is the reason why He came. There is NO going beyond the Cross. If you think you can go beyond the Cross, I have a Question: Where do you go? We don’t go beyond. NO, we grow up in the Cross/Christ.
Salvation – comes through the Cross
Healing – comes through the Cross
The Baptism in the Holy Ghost – comes through the Cross
All blessings/benefits given by God to man – come by the finished work of the Cross!
The old song says: “Kneel at the Cross, Christ will meet you there; come while He waits for you.”
1. THE CROSS – Col 2:14-15; 1Jn 3:5
2. YOUR FAITH – Eph 2:8-9;13
3. THE HOLY SPIRIT – Rom 8:1-4
4. IF THERE’S A PROBLEM GO BACK AND REPEAT [STEPS 1-3] – Rev 2:4-5